Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sewing @ Last

Around the age of 9 or 10, my mother tried teaching me how to sew.  I found some interest in it, but for the next 13 to 14 years I found little interest in it.  Then... Boom! Recently, my interest in sewing started to grow immensely.  I saw on Pinterest and Etsy all these cute skirts and dresses.  If they could do it, why couldn't I?  With the help and encouragement of my mother, I have begun sewing my own projects.  I just finished my very first skirt.  I am in the middle of sewing a couple of fun patterned dresses.  Furthermore, I just ordered a load of Eric Carle fabrics, so I can create my very own Eric Carle throw quilt.  Yet, the genius I am, I decided to chose a hexagon pattern.  Hexagon patterns aren't the hardest thing a quilter can make, but they certainly aren't the easiest thing for a beginning quilter to make.  Oh, well.  I'll have a grand old time nonetheless.  Below is a picture of the skirt I just finished.  It is made out of Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat fabric.  So fun! I can't wait to wear in it the classroom next year during Dr. Seuss week!


More photos of my sewing projects to come as I finish them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment