Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Gold" Medals


Gold Medals
3rd Grade

At my school, we have superheroes for each of the pillars of character (plus Pixie... superhero for our Purple Hands Pledge program).  The kids love them.  So when I did one of my latest projects, I asked the guidance teachers if I could include the superheroes.

See, I made "gold" metals out of clay and metallic paint with my 3rd graders. I thought the gold medals would be a good ideas with our character counts theme being the Olympics and the actual winter Olympics are coming up.  So, the kids had to partner up (with someone they don't usually work with), roll out their clay, cut out a circle, and design it for their partner.

I decided I could make a little contest out of it.  Each 3rd grade class has a designated superhero that they can design a medal for.  I will pick a winner from each class, and they will get to make their medal for the superhero and hopefully get a picture with them.  I'm super excited.  

Below is one example I made and give to one of the guidance counselor (don't worry I made another for the second counselor).


No comments:

Post a Comment