Thursday, February 6, 2014

Crazy Hair Portraits


Crazy Hair Portraits
3rd Grade

Another idea I found on Pinterest.  I made this during student teaching.  Not going to lie.  I really enjoyed this project.  I feel like the kids do, too.  They only time they seem to complain too much is when I tell them that besides the eyes I should see absolutely no white on their paper.

Step 1.  Draw oval for head at the bottom half of paper.
Step 2.  Draw eyes in the middle of the head.  
Step 3.  Draw nose half way between the eyes and chin.
Step 4.  Draw mouth half way between the nose and chin.  
Step 5.  Draw different types of lines and shapes to cover the rest of the paper.
Step 6.  Color with marker.

Email me/comment below for a full lesson plan (including standards, list of supplies, assessment, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment