Thursday, February 20, 2014

Line Lions


Line Lions
Kindergarten

I started out my year with the concept of line.  This was one of the kindergarten line projects I did.  We first brainstormed and thought of different lines we knew.  Next, I had the students practice drawing them on the tables with dry eraser markers (works out great by the way).  Finally it was time to paint.  I added one color of paint at a time for the students to use.  I find this easier because I do not have students using red to paint the face.

Step 1.  With a paintbrush and yellow paint, draw a big circle in the middle of your paper.  Paint in the entire circle.
Step 2.  Paint 5-6 different types of lines around the head using yellow paint.
Step 3.  Paint 5-6 different types of lines around the head using red paint.
Step 4.  Paint 5-6 different types of lines around the head using orange paint.
Step 5.  Allow for dry time.
Step 6.  When dry, draw a triangle for the nose.
Step 7.  Draw 1 line on each side of the triangle going up.
Step 8.  Draw 2 circles just underneath the nose (this is the mouth).
Step 9.  Draw 2 circles above the nose and mouth for the eyes.
Step 10.  Add eyebrows and the like if desired.

Email me/comment below for a full lesson plan (including standards, list of supplies, assessment, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment