Thursday, February 6, 2014

Plant Outlines


Plant Outlines
3rd Grade

Randomly thought of this one when I had to think of another project for lines.  Some of the students seemed to struggle with painting inside the different lines.  (I like rainbow patterns if you haven't noticed already).  I had students brainstorm different types of plants as I wrote them down on the board.  Yes, it may take more time at the beginning of class, but it helps give students different options if they can't think of anything or the plant they were thinking of drawing doesn't work out.

Step 1.  Pick a plant and draw it.
Step 2.  Outline the plant until the entire page is full. 
Step 3.  Color in plant with oil pastels.
Step 4.  Color in each of the lines around it.

Email me/comment below for a full lesson plan (including standards, list of supplies, assessment, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment